10 Tips on Making the Most of Your Storage Experience
February 15, 2019
Take Self Storage Advice From Our Experts
Is it your first time storing something in a storage unit? Let our experts give you some quick and easy self-storage advice!
From finding a unit to insuring your unit, we have 10 tips that on making your storage experience the best it can possibly be.
- Get a climate-controlled unit. Would you rather your stuff feel like it’s being stored inside your home, or outside in your garage? Whether it’s hot and humid or cold and snowing, your stuff would never know it in a climate-controlled unit. The temperature remains between 60 and 80 degrees year-round in a climate-controlled storage unit, and all the dirt and bugs stay outside.
Our West Little Rock location has climate-controlled units available in many sizes. Give them a call at 501-812-6500 today to reserve your spot. You can even stop by, grab a Starbucks coffee in our lobby, and talk to a storage expert about what’s available!
- Reserve your unit online or over the phone. Once you decide what type and size storage unit you want, you can reserve your unit right here on our website! It will take just a couple minutes to set up and if you have any questions, you can always talk to a member of our staff over the phone. All locations are open and ready to take your call Monday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Our West Little Rock location is even open 1:00 to 6:00 pm every Sunday.
- Buy tons of boxes. Organization is key to self-storage success. Our advice is to get a ton of boxes, so everything you own has a place to go. We have small, medium, and large boxes for sale at our West Little Rock and Maumelle locations. They are very affordable and perfectly sturdy enough for any personal or business move.
- Buy furniture covers. For furniture, mattresses, and other large items, covers are a necessity. Dust is inevitable, and our expert self-storage advice is to do everything you can to avoid it. We suggest you get a few furniture covers and stop by our office to buy mattress covers. They are life-savers if you need to store for a long period of time with us.
- Label everything. A sharpie will be your greatest treasure during a big move. Avoid confusion and make sure to mark all your boxes with what is inside and where it’s going.
- Use our free move-in truck. Unlike most storage facilities in Little Rock, we offer a free truck to help with your move. If you’re renting a storage unit 5x10 or larger, you are welcome to use one of the 15-foot box trucks with attachable ramps available at each Modern Storage location. When you start planning your move, let us know what day works best for you and we will put your truck reservation on our calendar. All we need to see is your driver’s license and proof of full-coverage insurance.
- Hire a moving company. Sometimes, having a free truck to use isn’t the best option if you don’t have the means to move your stuff yourself. We get it! Moving is a crazy process for everyone, especially when you don’t have the right people to help you. Take our self-storage advice and hire a moving company to reduce your stress. We recommend our friends at All My Sons to help you on your move-in day. Talk to Robert and he will take care of you!
- Set up autopay. Once you’re all moved it, setting up autopay for your storage unit is the best way to avoid missed payments and late fees. We recommend having automatic drafts taken out of your bank account on the first day of each month. It prevents you from forgetting to pay your bill by the time it’s due. Trust us, it’s your best friend when life gets a little too hectic!
- Insure your unit. If anything can go wrong in life, it will. Please take our best self-storage advice and make sure your stuff is insured! We offer tenant insurance as low as $9 a month for $2,000 worth of coverage. This policy will cover natural disasters and unexpected incidents like windstorms, landslides, sinkholes, explosions, earthquakes, falling objects, fire, smoke, tornadoes, snow, and even vandalism.
- Get 24-hour access. Every Modern Storage location is open for customer access from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm daily. For just $10 a month, you could have access 24 hours a day. We can always add this service whenever you need or want it. Just keep this in mind as you continue on your self-storage journey!
Need more tips? Give our experts a call for more self-storage advice at any Modern Storage location.